Monday, July 25, 2011

I see dead people

Deathly Hallows Part 2 clearly wasn't the last bit of Pottery J. K. Rowling wrote.  There were too many unexplained deaths, for one thing — including every horcrux in the books, one by one. Truth? I didn't even care enough to pillory this dreck.

I suspect the books are much different than the movies, especially considering that Rowling seems well able to keep a sense of continuity in the few examples of her writing I actually slogged through, books I and II.  The actors were brilliant, and when allowed could save any disconnected, underwritten Kloves and Yates scene in the finales (there were two.)

Luna had a terrific line, then disappeared for so long she might as well have been killed off like half the Weasley twins.

Voldemort flaking away in the breeze? Unintentionally comic Malfoy body language? Sorry, I need to bang my head on the wall at platform 9 3/4...

Unwilling persistence of bee leaf forces us to admit the snake is a... (caff) ... "horcrux." Sweet literary bat of belfries!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home