Friday, October 10, 2008

Nice ending

Finished Final Fantasy IX about 15 minutes ago. Nine point nine stars out of five. Never did manage to get into Mognet Central, never did level up my Chocobo, never did find all of the Sprites, or Hades, or Ozma. I'll have to play it over again, I guess. Maybe for Christmas.

My final party, all the way from Memoria to the Flying Theater, was Zidane (level 70), Dagger (no Ark), Eiko (no Carbuncle) and Freya (with her cheap, maxed out Dragon's Crest hitting 9999 every single time).

Biggest blunder? Selling precious stones for gil, including the ruby! Strangest running joke, aside from Moogles and Chocobos? The four-armed man in Treno and Daguerreo...! Sweetest fantasy? It's a game. If you level up high enough, you'll win the game.

This joins my short list of all-time favorite games. Which are Myst, Tomb Raider 3, Star Ocean (honorable mention); Tomb Raiders 1 & 2, Star Ocean: Second Story, Star Ocean: Blue Sphere, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, Final Fantasy I & II, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy XII, and Canasta, but who plays that anymore?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home