Sunday, October 17, 2010

I Like McCain (Meghan, that is)


Progressive Republican, as the cadet McCain calls herself, makes a ton of sense to me, even if I'm a bit hazy about what that means, exactly. As I think I see what she's saying, she shares a lonely hilltop with Dwight Eisenhower, Colin Powell (assuming he's not a Democrat), the mythical good-at-foreign-policy reconstructed Nixon, and maybe Nelson Rockefeller and possibly even the more palatable mcnuggets of Barry Goldwater. I didn't think it was possible for a Republican to loathe Ann Coulter, but she clearly does, for all the right reasons. And in Meghan McCain's book, Christine "I Am Not A Witch" O'Donnell, is a simple "nut job" as well as an embarassment to her party.

John McCain, her old man, clearly belongs to another era, but if there's a "mavericky" Republican out there, it's Meghan — and not Sarah "Moose" Palin or the teaparty blunderbusters to her extreme right. I'd even trust McCain on SCOTUS, and I can't say the same for Alito, Scalia, Roberts or Thomas.

Meghan's Mom, Cindy, is pretty cool, too. There really is a real Republican party out there somewhere!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home