Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Leaving the Realm of Normal Human Interaction

The Sony PSP 2000 delivers a lot that Nintendo DS Lite was supposed to have, but doesn't actually. Big, wide screen... for a handheld. Nice graphics in a tiny box. Good games, occasionally playful, brilliant games. Strange extras, like a web browser and an online Sony store that is too much power to put in the hands of adults, let alone children.

I bought mine used for $109. Feels tinky and plastic clacky. But it plays Final Fantasy II and the Star Ocean re-issues. Fun stuff, but very autistic-seeming. You can lose yourself in tiny worlds and forget to join your living, breathing family members around the hearthfires.

"I am a man. I can change. If I have to." — Red Green
Also...

Terry Pratchett's Unseen Academicals is out. My biggest beef is the American cover is (once again) crap.

Starts a bit slow. I'll keep you posted.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home