Friday, August 29, 2008

Susan Eisenhower at the Democratic Convention

The first president I ever voted for was Dwight D. Eisenhower. I liked Ike in the third grade straw poll in 1952 at Overland Park, Kansas. So seeing Susan Eisenhower, his granddaughter, speak at the Democratic Convention last night struck me as one of the more significant of the evening's minor moments.

Kansas will always be my home, so seeing that tall Kansas girl with the Eisenhower name and the strong Republican credentials give her testimony for Barack Obama really impressed me. So she's an Independent now. Fascinating.

What a challenge for the Democratic Party to find room in the tent for all of us dispossessed former Republican moderates!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home