Friday, January 16, 2009

Sick transit, Gloria Monday

I voted for Barack Obama, even though I think he's a titch overrated. My first choice, back in the caucusii last year, was Joe Biden. In fact, Obama reminds me of the young Jack Kennedy just before the Bay of Pigs. Cool, collected, confident, ignorant... Arrogant.

In fact, I expect Biden is ten times exactly right; Obama will be tested, and Obama will prove himself a consummate fool on the world stage before he ever starts paying attention to history and exercising independent thought, especially in the Middle East.

Hillary Clinton's appointment to State reminds me of George McClellan's appointment to the Army of the Potomac, frankly. She'll be a pedestrian gadabout with a colossal chip on her shoulder and no sense for the urgency of the times.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home