Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition (again)

This time, getting it installed (again) was relatively painless.
  1. All I had to do was figure out my Windows Live ID from last time.

    1. All I had to do was make IE7 my default browser

      1. Then reset my password (fortunately, MS still remembered my email address)

      2. Then change my password (to something I will now forget)

        1. Validate my new password
        2. Finally get Installation ID
        3. Enter the magic hooha into the Registration ID field

    2. Then make Firefox my default browser again

  2. And forget everything I ever knew about Windows Live ID all over again.
Much simpler. All this to compile GNU Go? Where's that manual...?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home